The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
• The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
• Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
• Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
• Business of diving and your career
• Awareness of the dive environment
• Dive setup and management
• Mapping an open water site
• Conducting dive briefings
• Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
• Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
• Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
Prerequisites & Requirements
Age Requirement: 18 years or older
Course Prerequisites: Rescue Diver, 40 logged dives, CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months, medical clearance to dive
Time Commitment: Approximately 4 weeks
Whether you want to hone your skills and dive like a pro or turn your passion into a career, you can start your journey towards PADI Divemaster now - for free! The PADI Introduction to Divemaster program introduces you to the concepts, skills, and knowledge necessary to join the ranks of PADI Professionals worldwide. You can then decide if you want to complete your training at your local PADI Dive Center, Resort, or with your favorite PADI Instructor.
When you are ready, contact your local PADI Dive Center or Resort to enroll in the course and get your Divemaster training materials.
Consider taking Dive Theory Online, another PADI eLearning® program, that takes you step-by-step through dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment and environment, plus a Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) review. By successfully completing Dive Theory Online, you can get credit for half of the Divemaster Final Exam. Your PADI Instructor can explain how this works when you meet to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your waterskills exercises, workshops and practical assessments.